AVE Conference Sept. 14-18, 2016 - Registration
Assoc. of Vision Educators Conference
Wed. Sept. 14, 6 PM thru Sun. Sept. 18, 2 PM
Peaceful Meadow Retreat
, 7075 Valmont Road, Boulder, Colorado
- Conference fees include meals and lodging - photos at link above
- Country setting, yet a short drive from Whole Foods
- Connect with other Vision Educators, learn, share, and enjoy!
- Long lunch breaks to relax and/or visit
- Evening activities
- Healthy food for most diets including vegan and gluten free.
- Saturday afternoon we'll be at Chautauqua park under the "Flatirons", pictured above!
- $38 shuttle from Denver Airport to the conference location.
. Additional seats $20 if you coordinate with others.
- Rooms are shared with 1 or 2 others, and there are abundant single bathrooms in the hallway. We have a few private rooms at a nearby hotel. Let us know right away if you need one of them!
OVERALL SCHEDULE - Wed. Sept. 14 to Sun. Sept. 18
- Arrive Wednesday late afternoon, dinner at 6 pm
- Optional later arrival Thursday pm. But please attend the whole conference if you can possibly arrange it. You'll be glad you did!
- Conference ends Sunday at 2 pm
- Optional extra night Sunday is $50 incl tax, no meals.
THREE HALF-DAY WORKSHOPS
- Thurs. morning - Ray Gottlieb, OD, PhD - Seeing in the Now, Stress Point and Memory Training on the Trampoline. Ray is one of the original and leading optometrists to also embrace the Bates Method. We'll break into groups with several rebounder mini-trampolines to explore this powerful vision doorway.
- Thurs. afternoon - Esther Van der Werf - How Breathing and Posture Affect Eyesight and Astigmatism, by one of the most popular presenters at Vision Educator gatherings in Europe. She has been a true catalyst for making things happen in the U.S., too.
- Fri. afternoon - Larhken Carroll - Brain Gym Improves Vision Naturally. You may know the "cross-crawl", but Brain Gym goes much deeper into brain balancing techniques that can lead to amazing improvements in vision. Larhken has been instructing in Brain Gym for 30 years, including many workshops specifically for Vision Improvement.
- Carla Sciaky - Welcome! - Going Deeper with the Bates Method and Other Techniques, while exploring the mystery of our personal path. Carla is co-host of this conference.
- Angelika Shultz, M.D. - Learn about Cranio-Sacral successes with vision problems for all ages, from an M.D. now dedicated to Cranio-Sacral work. You will get powerful insights you can combine with imagination and relaxation to help your clients succeed.
- Rosemary Gordon - Seeing from the Core, Connecting the Outside to the Inside. Rosemary integrates over 40 years of exploration in the Bates Method, Vision Therapy, and many other subtle modalities. This will be an experiential session.
- Two panel discussions - Getting Your Practice Started, and How Do We Approach Eye Diseases? We will aim for a wide input of ideas as we share our enthusiasm for these challenging yet exciting subjects.
- Ray Gottlieb - What I've Found to Work for Presbyopia - from an innovative optometrist. Ray created the amazing fusion chart many of us have used to sharper close vision.
- Kate Keilman - Night class - See Better in the Dark. Let Details Come at Their Own Speed. Kate has been tending the Association of Vision Educators website for many years. She brings a fun approach to improving eyesight.
- Nathan Oxenfeld - Take a "Sensory Stroll" - Explore with expanded sensory awareness and experience meditation through movement, as a group, on Saturday afternoon at Chautauqua Park. Nathan teaches vision improvement classes both online and in-person in North Carolina.
- Greg Marsh - EFT "Tapping" for Eyesight. Feel and "see" EFT work for you in this 2 hour hands-on session. Greg has a background in martial arts and many alternative healing approaches, with the Bates Method as his guiding light for over 35 years.
- Esther Van der Werf - Closing Keynote, "From the Heart"
- Morning yoga, Bates techniques, visualizations, and more - led by Marybetts Sinclair, Nathan Oxenfeld, and others. It's worth getting up early!
- Swinging, palming, visualizations, etc. - very short sessions through the day to keep bringing us back to the techniques we love.
- Saturday afternoon at Chautauqua park - underneath Boulder's trademark "Flatirons" - with vision games and a vision walk or hike.
- Saturday night dinner at a restaurant on Boulder's famous Pearl Street Mall, with music and street performers.
- Plus lots of fun and networking with others on this amazing Natural Vision Improvement path.
YOUR COLORADO HOSTS
- click either name to email
, 970-391-7957 and
Payment/Registration Type (receipt will show BetterEyesightNow.com)
Initial registration, full payment
Initial registration, deposit (min. $150)
Already registered, additional payment or info
Please attend all 5 days/4 nights if at all possible,
for maximum fun and more valuable learning!
$595 - SAVE $60 - Best Value -- Full 5 Day Conference
includes Weds. dinner thru Sun. lunch, 4 nights, meals and lodging
$455 - Thurs. night thru Sun.
- Presentations, includes Thurs. dinner thru Sun. lunch, 3 nights, meals and lodging
$200 - Wed. night & Thurs.
- includes Weds. evening meal and lodging, and Thurs. morning and afternoon workshops
I worked out another option
with Carla or Greg.
Please stay with above options if possible
AVE Membership Discount - Save $25 -
Click to see AVE website)
My AVE 2016 dues are paid. Deduct $25 from above registration amount.
I'm paying my 2016 dues now ($60 - $25 conf. discount) by adding $35 to the above registration amount. (Pay any overdue 2015 dues to qualify.)
No, I do not wish to be a member of AVE, no discount.
Amount you are paying now (PayPal or Credit Card).
Optional notes about your payment (whatever you write will display on your receipt)
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
Postal / Zip Code
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Republic of the Congo
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Cell phone (for contact at conference)
Food requests -- Peaceful Meadow meals are buffet style, healthy and tasty. Please mention special requests like vegetarian, vegan or gluten free to help them plan meals.
Roommate requests -- Rooms are shared with 1 or 2 others. Abundant private bathrooms are in the hallways. If you've agreed ahead with someone to share a room please give name(s).
Other notes or updates -- Please mention any other special concerns, or changes or updates since your original registration.
Do Not Fill This Out